Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Purple Toes

After returning from Bario, I noticed 3 of my toes were in total pain and couldn't bend properly. Then a few days later I realized it turned purple. Dark purple. After much persuasion from my friends, I consulted the Dr. I was told that my toes suffered internal bleeding from intense walking in intense road conditions. He advised that it should return to its normal color. If it hasn't in 1 week, then I should return. The Dr also advised not to do much walking. Well, the only advice I heeded was...none of the above. Not walking would be very alien to me. To make matters worse, I started playing futsal. To limit my movement, I was given the ''goal keeper'' role. Boy, did I get smacked by balls. Little did I realize that my first test game I walked away with bruises and cuts on my arms and hands. Toes...still purple but improving. I have 3 days left to see it turn to PINK!! Author's note: If walking 40 km turned my toes purple, I can't imagine walking barefoot like the Penan or Kelabit used to (some still do).

2 comments:

  1. how's your toes? dah jadik pink belum? get well soon dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My toes are hurting right now. Even my fingers from futsal. I suppose this is normal?

    ReplyDelete