Monday, September 27, 2010

The Promise

I can’t promise I’ll know exactly what to say
But I guarantee I will tell you the truth anyway
I may not know the rules of the game
But when I play it will be fair and insane
I am terrible at chatting and calling everyday
But when I am around I will be with you all day
I may not have enough to go for holidays as I’d like
But when there are bad days you know I’ll be by your side
I can’t promise that I will never hurt you
But I do try very hard to do a lot of good
I may not have an interesting life to share
But I will listen to your interesting life stories
I may not be physically strong
But I will fight and defend when you are wronged
I may not be strong all the time
But I will be ready with a hug and a smile
I may not know how to show that I care
But I promise you that I never stop caring
I may not promise you the stars and the moon
But who can anyway?
Everything will be all right
As long as it matters


-asma snuggly under the covers-

3 comments:

  1. lovely poem, thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. soklan menarik...poem ditujukan pada siapa yer...huhu pasti bertuah..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeet: It's one of the ways I express myself...since the teengae years.

    Deeb: Ditujukan buat semua yg mengenali dan bakal mengenali ash :-D

    ReplyDelete