Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Mighty Jungle


1) What would be your first reaction when someone says that they've gained weight?

Asma: I would start eating more to equal their weight.
Correct Answer: Someone has cast black magic on the person.
-------------------------------

2) What would be your thoughts if someone you knew ignored you for a whole month, and said that they could not establish contact because their company did not allow them to bring their personal laptops & handphones to their location, that they fell off an offshore platform, broke their leg, then they fell off a helicopter after the platform incident, and worked the next month while still on medical leave?

Asma: I would take the hint that the person has no personal interest in me.

Correct Answer: The person has been witchcrafted by jealous ex-girl friends.
--------------------------------------
Summary:

In both situations, when the correct response of the person had to do with black magic, I am quite certain my facial expression was that of McCaulay Culkin's.

I suppose if I gained weight, my natural reaction would be to hold myself accountable and exercize. This is probably the standard response.

Similarly, if people exhibit strong behavior which includes complete avoidance and bizarre excuses, naturally I would see it as a rejection. Then I would move on.

Perhaps everyone else gets the black magic response a lot, but not me. I believe in accountability, and if we are quick to blame the invisible forces of nature, then we are neglecting the truth. We are ignoring the core issue. Furthermore, it's unjust to blame others for an assumption you cannot prove.

Do you remember the case in Malaysia a few years ago where the football player went MIA on the day of his wedding? His family stated that someone cast black magic on him. The groom was silent. His jilted fiance sued for losses. The next few weeks, he married another girl.

Call me negative, but I think he had cold feet. That's normal. Don't call it black magic. Be a man and own up.

In any case, I do accept the person's opinion because we are all entitled to one. I just don't understand how they arrived to that conclusion.

Just sharing. Have you experienced this?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zafran,

    You may be right that the girl's family was pressuring the footballer. In any case, i think we both agree on ''berani buat, berani tanggung'' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, i've experienced the 2nd situation. but this person didn't use the black magic excuse la, but still, the excuse given was equally lame.

    I guess some people just find it hard to tell the truth...

    ReplyDelete