Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Power of Kindness

Some of my friends are positive and sprouting these lovely anecdotes. It helps me immensely especially when I am faced with the challenges in life. Yes, I used to be as chirpy and bouncy. My friends used to call me the ''bouncing ball'' or "chirpy". At one point, I think I became disillusioned. I really want to find that me that I know. I just do not know where she is.

The last 3 months have been really challenging. The trailer accident was a huge wake up call among many. I believe Allah is giving me many warnings. Small bells and big bells.

Death is certain.

Just because I am not on death row, or terminally ill in a hospital, doesn't guarantee I will live longer than the ones mentioned earlier. I could easily have crashed into that trailer, or slip and fall and get a brain hemorrhage. The trailer accident did wake me up. I hyperventilate when my car is behind, next to or overtaking any large vehicles. The repeated nightmares has made me re-evaluate what is important in my life. Even though I have, there is still a lot of pain.

Yes, I have forgiven but there is still pain.

I know slowly by showing kindness to others will heal me.

Naziah asked me to read the book, the Power of Kindness by Pierro Ferrucci.

Thank you everyone who has shown me kindness.

I am ever grateful to Allah for bestowing kindness upon me.

I hope I will be able to deliver on my promise as well! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment